Get Adobe Flash player
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Life as a Pilot in the air force

Life as a Pilot in the air force 6 years 1 month ago #1436

HI,

I've sent in my application for the Air Force, but I just have a few questions that i'm hoping someone can answer for me please:
1. I know the salary isn't much - apparently approx. R12000pm after pilot training is completed. Is this an accurate (and current) estimation? and do we need to pay back the cost of our training out of this salary or is the 10 years of service the paying back of the training costs?
2. Once training is completed do we qualify as commercial pilots? or would I still have to pay the half a million rand to get that qualification in my own time?
3. How flexible are they with respect to allowing pilots to do civilian work? - e.g. I really want to fly rescue/emergency helicopters - that is my ultimate goal.
Please share any advice you have - this is a tough decision for me as I am about to finish my degree in civil engineering and as such could go work and earn decently, but I really really want to fly but I can't afford the R600 000 to get a commercial licence... so to the air force it is. Is it worth it?

please help

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4402
Custom explainer video company

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds