Get Adobe Flash player
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are you looking to write about the Orioles this

Are you looking to write about the Orioles this 4 years 11 months ago #2124

• zhangzk
  • Platinum Boarder
We’re looking for you! Read on for details. There are paid positions available."The coming Orioles season is a lot different than any in recent years because there are no real hopes for or expectations of success for this season. If O’s fans are lucky http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , by year’s end we’ll start to see some sign that things will get better in the future. Even that isn’t any guarantee.If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you have things to say about the Orioles, and will have things to say about them as this year progresses. Why not share those thoughts with our audience? We’re looking for new writers to join the Camden Chat crew as this season gets under way.These are paid positions. Really! If you’re chosen, you will receive real money every month for writing about the Orioles. What I am going to be looking for are people to contribute about three posts to the site per week during the season. If you stick around into the offseason, expectations for this position are about one post per week. For that, you will receive $120 per month. That’s going to break down as follows: Each week, one daily minor league recap, one opinion/analysis post, and one game recap. Additionally, you will contribute approximately one series preview per month. This is a mix of routine stuff for the site and the stuff that you will hopefully find fun to write.Prior writing experience is not necessary to apply. I had no writing experience at all when I got my start on Camden Chat and on top of that, I know from past occasions of finding writers here that people with great things to say may have just never had a platform to say them before. If you think this might be you, I would be happy to hear from you.If you are interested in giving this a shot Juan Lagares Jersey , send an e-mail to camdenchat AT gmail DOT com that includes the following:A bit about who you are and how you came to be an Orioles fanTwo ideas on your mind for a relevant article about the Orioles that someone could write right nowAn article of 750-1000 words on one of your ideas from above that you think puts your best foot forwardIf applicable, feel free to include a few clips of your writing - again, this is not requiredPlease don’t send me a resume. I’m not an HR department. I just run an Orioles blog and am looking for a couple of good, reliable writers. Maybe you’re one of them.If you’re new to Camden Chat - which is totally OK - you might not know what the posts I’m going to expect look like. Here’s a representative example of each from last season:Minor league recapGame recapOpinion/analysisSeries previewThe deadline for submissions is 11:59pm on March 25. Within a couple of days of that deadline, we will try to have a short list. Those people on the short list will be asked to submit an additional sample, in this case a game recap during the first regular season series.If you have any questions about the process, what it’s like to write for Camden Chat, or anything else, please ask in the comments below, or e-mail me. If you’re not interested for yourself but you think you know someone who would be, please share this story with them. I will do my best to respond to acknowledge all submissions. The Boston Red Sox had a dry spell of 86 years between World Series titles when they finally won in 2004, sweeping the St. Louis Cardinals and never trailing in the four-game series.That 2004 triumph came after a series of heartbreaking losses in the Fall Classic. They had lost a pair of heartbreaking seven-game World Series decisions to the Cardinals in 1946 and 1967 Travis d'Arnaud Jersey , and Boston dropped perhaps the most famous World Series when they fell in seven games to the Cincinnati Reds in 1975.That Cincinnati team is considered one of the sport's all-time great teams, as the team from the Queen City featured catcher Johnny Bench, second baseman Joe Morgan, hit king Pete Rose, RBI boss Tony Perez and superb outfielder Ken Griffey Sr.That series featured Carlton Fisk's famous game-winning home run in the 12th inning of Game 6 and it took a ninth-inning bloop single in the seventh game by Morgan to give the Reds the winning margin.While the Sox could hold their heads up high after putting up a battle against Sparky Anderson's team, the 1986 World Series loss to the New York Mets was the most painful of all. Boston held a 3-2 series lead and were two runs ahead in the bottom of the 10th with two outs and nobody on base, but the Mets came back to win that game and take the seventh game in come-from-behind fashion.But since that brutal defeat, the World Series has been their personal playground. In addition to their '04 sweep of the Cardinals, they swept the Colorado Rockies in 2007 and beat St. Louis again in six games in 2013.With a 2-0 series lead against the Los Angeles Dodgers, they are 14-2 in World Series games since 2004.Boston is going to try to stretch that record to 15-2 on Friday when they confront the Dodgers in Los Angeles. The first pitch is scheduled for 8:09 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised by Fox.Mookie Betts hopes to set the tone for Boston in Game 3.David J. Phillip/Associated Press World Series ScheduleTuesday: Boston 8, Los Angeles 4Wednesday: Boston 4 Noah Syndergaard Jersey , Los Angeles 2; Boston leads 2-0.Friday: Red Sox at Dodgers, 8:09 p.m. ETSaturday: Red Sox at Dodgers, 8:09 p.m. ETSunday (if necessary): Red Sox at Dodgers, 8:15 p.m. ETOctober 30 (if necessary): Dodgers at Red Sox, 8:09 p.m. ETOctober 31 (if necessary): Dodgers at Red Sox, 8:09 p.m. ETAll World Series games will be televised by Fox.Live Stream:Fox Sports GoThe Red Sox are 5-0 on the road in this postseason, having won two games at Yankee Stadium and three at Minute Maid Park in Houston.Playing on the road has agreed with Mookie Betts, J.D. Martinez, Xander Bogaerts, Andrew Benintendi and ALCS MVP Jackie Bradley Jr. Martinez has a sore ankle from an awkward turn around second base in Game 1, and his status has not been determined.The Dodgers are hoping the change in venue can help them turn things around in the series. While the Red Sox have excelled at getting a clutch two-out hit, Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts has seen his team struggle in that area.The Red Sox will send right-hander Rick Porcello to the mound to try to keep the Dodgers bats quiet http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , but he may have a more difficult time than southpaw David Price did in Game 2. The Dodgers are going to use their left-handed bats to try to get their power game going.Max Muncy hopes to get his power bat going in Game 3 for the Dodgers.Harry How/Getty ImagesThe Dodgers had seven batters with 21 or more home runs in the regular season, and they were led by Max Muncy's 35. Muncy will be in the lineup against Porcello, and so will Cody Bellinger, who homered in Game 7 of the National League Championship Series and won the MVP award.The Dodgers will counter with hard-throwing Walker Buehler, who was on the mound in Milwaukee in Game 7 and was quite effective. While holding down the Brewers was a noteworthy achievement, the Red Sox are the highest scoring team in baseball.The Sox are prohibitive -650 favorites to win the World Series at this point, while the Dodgers are +450 underdogs, per OddsShark. Those backing the Red Sox have to risk $650 to win $100, while Dodgers backers wager $100 to earn a profit of $450.However, the Dodgers are -160 favorites in Game 3, while the Red Sox are +135 underdogs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds